About Bitsmedia Group:
An opportunity to work at one of the biggest app publishers in South-East Asia (100 million downloads, over 20 million Monthly Active Users). Established in Singapore in 2009, Bitsmedia develops and publishes Muslim Pro, the world-leading Muslim mobile app. Headquartered in Singapore, we also have regional offices in Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race and religion and our current dynamic and diverse team includes people from 10 different countries across our three offices in the region.
Roles and Responsibility:
The Head of Regulatory will be responsible for providing high-level strategic direction to the Senior Management team on compliance and risk-related matters as well as holding the ethical integrity of the company ensuring that business operations are compliant with all internal requirements and company policies.
You will also be responsible for supporting the business in ensuring that robust regulatory compliance programmes are in place across the company; providing oversight and challenge to ensure that regulatory compliance is being managed appropriately, escalating to relevant senior stakeholders when this is not the case; and for ensuring that employees are aware of the company’s regulatory compliance framework and standards.
What you will do
- Manages the day to day compliance advisory function on streaming content in accordance to regulatory changes and business needs
- Develop, monitor and audit regulatory compliance programs to ensure compliance with several acts and regulations in conformance with market/industry standards.
- Work in close liaison with all relevant functions on specific market access challenges: provide highly practical, user-friendly and actionable regulatory advice, participate in developing strategies, liaise with local consultants
- Take a leading role in maintaining and streamlining the Regulatory baseline tools and processes (such as reporting, repository of authorizations etc.)
- Lead the process of engaging with governments and regulators with a view to securing authorization/approval for media products/services; lead or participate in face to face meetings with senior executives, Regulators, regulated entities and others, streamline and deliver media key messages, prepare, draft and follow-up on applications.
- Manage a portfolio of existing authorizations: ensure license renewal requests and reporting obligations are complied with in a timely manner.
- Communicate and engage relevant stakeholders including with Departmental Heads and their teams participating in compliance activities, which may include cross-functional collaboration
- Front-liner to ensure continuing compliance of products/services with applicable media and regulatory obligations.
- Support rollout and operationalization of all global compliance policies and procedures
- Support and advise on third-party due diligence and enhanced due diligence requests.
- Support other key strategic compliance priorities and workflows as needed.
- Produce and present internal communications for senior leadership to inform them of ongoing situations, and provide recommendations and decision support
Experience and Qualifications
- Passionate about content.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail.
- Advanced degree in policy, government, law, business, or a related field
- 6 -12 years of relevant, regional, content and media regulatory compliance experience
- Strong risk tolerance & an experienced perspective on counseling on compliance.
- Experience in managing matters hands-on as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Familiarity in performing due diligence, navigating internal investigation processes, government investigation
- Able to work autonomously, make judgment calls, give practical and actionable advice
- Any prior media regulatory or other relevant experience or familiarity with with these markets i.e. US/UK/ID/FR/MENA will be favorable viewed
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated experience in working with commercial entities, governments, regulators and regulated entities.
- Demonstrated international & multicultural context/fluency; foreign languages a plus.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills for reporting purposes, performing liaison duties, and relating to business leaders/individuals
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, maintain flexibility in fast-paced environment, and meet or exceed deadlines
- Commercially aware, business focused.
- Demonstrated ability to work across business lines and in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated ability to persuade and influence.
- Demonstrates analytical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Basic knowledge of the mobile apps eco-system is a plus