About the company:
A technology company founded in 2009, Bitsmedia is the digital home for all things Muslim with an ecosystem of consumer-facing digital services, bridging the gap between faith and technology.
Bitsmedia is best known for developing and publishing the world’s most popular Muslim lifestyle app –
the Muslim Pro app with more than 140 million downloads worldwide in over 190 markets.
Bitsmedia recently launched Qalbox, a global subscription video on demand (SVOD)
entertainment streaming service that hosts a library of content and celebrating Muslim identities and
Headquartered in Singapore, the company has a presence with local offices in Kuala Lumpur
(Malaysia) and Jakarta (Indonesia).
Position: Chief Content Officer
Bitsmedia is looking for a dynamic and experienced chief content officer to join our company and take responsibility for our content strategy. In this role, you will oversee the development and acquisition of content for Qalbox, our newly launched global streaming platform. You will be developing Qalbox’s content strategy and driving the content acquisition strategy by developing plans to acquire content in line with the creative vision of the organization. You will also lead negotiations and oversee the execution of content acquisition plans. Content strategy to be implemented with the objective of driving new subscribers and retaining subscribers.
The organization would be relying on you to be the expert in industry trends and would need you to be comfortable with numbers and analysis. Business acumen as well as decision making and stakeholder management skills is a must.
As the chief content officer, you will also be required to work across the Product, Marketing and Engineering teams to ensure our content is delivered in the best form to our users.
- Designing and implementing our content strategy.
- Analyzing marketing data to assist with the development of content plans.
- Approve content selection based on organisation’s content priorities and creative and commercial consideration.
- Approve prioritisation of specific content for acquisition based on content and stock fulfillment requirements.
- Collaborate with content teams in developing plans for stock fulfilment to maximise streaming time.
- Develop content acquisition plans in line with the organisation’s overall content strategy.
- Develop the content acquisition strategy in line with the overall content strategy.
- Drive identification of key industry stakeholders for building networks and partnerships.
- Drive operational changes to streamline content acquisition activities.
- Drive the finalisation of contracts and license agreements with the production houses.
- Identify areas of focus for content acquisition in terms of genres or segments and platforms.
- Implement content guidelines in content acquisition operations.
- Lead content licensing negotiations including areas such as content selection, risk management, financial analysis and forecasting.
- Make final decisions on content sourcing issues and strategies based on research and analytics.
- Oversee creation and maintenance of effective rights management systems.
- Oversee execution of accounts payables to minimise tax and fines liability from late payments.
- Represent the organisation at industry forums, film festivals and other industry events.
- Review analysis and valuation of new deals to support decision making.
- Review and approve content for licensing from creative and commercial perspectives.
- Review exceptions to content acquisition and budgetary guidelines.
- Review the performance of previously acquired content across platforms and genres to inform acquisition decisions.
- Track performance of acquired content using defined metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in marketing, media, communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in Streaming, Media, TV, Broadcast Industry
- Experience growing an audience and monitoring engagement.
- Experience using a wide variety of digital marketing channels and tools.
- Experience managing a team of content creators.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google Suite.
- Experience with Google Analytics and major social media platforms.